We thought it might be useful to let you know what happens if you need to contact the Dog Warden in an EMERGENCY out of hours.
The way to do this is to contact the Police, who will then contact the relevant person.
Please note however, this is for EMERGENCY cases only.
See below advice from the Police website on the numbers to use.
All the best.
When should I use 101 for the Dog Warden?
You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, if:
- Your car has been stolen
- Your property has been damaged
- You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood
- Report a minor traffic collision
- Give the police information about crime in your area
- Speak to the police about a general enquiry
You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.